January 10, 2024
Fashion & Beauty
April Ru Wan
April Ru Wan
Born under the quest for truth, ROWSE was founded by Nuria Val and Gabriela Salord. They share a commitment to producing toxic-free products for the planet and its inhabitants. Nuria, a traveler at heart, took ROWSE to Iceland for their first campaign of 2024, capturing the essence of their products in their natural habitat. The concept of clean beauty is familiar to many, but ROWSE stands out due to their unwavering commitment to truth at every step of the process. The founders place a high value on authenticity in creating and marketing their products. Gabriela emphasizes the importance of customer feedback in the growth of ROWSE. The brand has opened several channels for customers to share their reviews, fostering a strong digital communication between the brand and its consumers. Additionally, ROWSE hosts a group of beta testers, including top customers, to trial the products before launch. The products are 100% toxin-free, cold-pressed, locally sourced, and their packaging is made using 100% recycled materials. This year is set to be an exciting one for the brand, with plans to launch a boutique in Madrid, an amenities line tailored for hotels, and immersive experiences for consumers. Scroll through our interview below to discover their initial meeting in Paris, Nuria’s eco-friendly traveling tips, and what’s next for the ROWSE universe.
April Wan: Rowse Beauty is deeply committed to the ‘beauty of truth’. Could you both share some insights into the thoughtful steps you’ve taken in product creation and marketing to embody this ethos?
Gabriela Salord: ROWSE was born as our own personal quest for truth. In a world saturated with blurred information, we were tired to expose ourselves every day to products that often promise what they are not and fail to deliver. So we set on a mission to eliminate toxins and promote a genuine, clean lifestyle. Our approach is simple yet effective, utilizing plant-based, toxic-free ingredients. In terms of steps, I’d say we have:
– Ensured our products are crafted with 100% toxic-free, plant-based, and high quality biodegradable ingredients.
– Focused on sourcing our ingredients local producers and manufacturing them in Spain, aligning with our commitment to environmental responsibility.
– Adopted cold-processed formulations to not only enhance product quality but also contribute to decreased energy consumption, reduced carbon footprint, and cost savings.
– Embraced eco-conscious packaging, with 90% of it being recyclable glass and the remaining 10% (including lids, pumps, and droppers) made from recyclable plastic.
– Actively involved and valued our community, fostering collaboration and shared values. This engagement aims to educate about the harm of toxic ingredients, create a sense of belonging, and collectively make a positive impact.
AW: When you both met in Paris, there must have been a spark that drew you together as partners for Rowse Beauty. Can you share what that connection was and how it has shaped your partnership?
GS: When we met in Paris, a magnetic connection sparked our partnership for ROWSE. It wasn’t just a chemical attraction; it was an instinctual alignment of our passion for plants and a commitment to respecting nature’s gifts. Our love for confronting challenges and our complementary skills have been the driving forces shaping our partnership. Founded on mutual respect, shared values, and a deep appreciation for the beauty of truth, we’ve transformed our vision into the reality of ROWSE.